It is intended for those working within a care environment, the course is in line with the National Minimum Standards Requirements and recent CQC guidelines.
Medicines can legally be administered by anyone, as long as it has been prescribed by an appropriate practitioner. However, there are rules, responsibilites and legal obligations – this course covers such matters.
Learners will gain an understanding of the rules, regulations and legislation relating to the administration of medication.
Learners will be able to understand and follow procedures set for safe administration of medication.
Learners will create an understanding of the importance of confidentiality and security in drug administration procedures.
- Introduction to medication – the common types of medication and their use
- Techniques for administering medication;
- Storage and dispensing – how to receive, store and dispose of medication supplies safely;
- Documentation, confidentiality and record keeping
- Administration of medication -how to record and report on the use of medication
- Eliminating and reducing medication errors
- Accountability and responsibility – the roles and responsibilities in the use of medication
- Legislation and requirements
- Regulating and Governing Bodies
Study time is about 60 minutes,this depends on the learners and time invested.
Upon completion of the course, we will send a certificate as a PDF so that you can store or print yourself.
Special offer for a limited time £7.50