Dog First Aid Course
Oadby, 14th June
Although it is a full-on course, it is very friendly and fun.
Why does a Vet’s receptionist need to learn first aid for dogs?
Those vital moments prior to getting a vet’s attention can save a dogs life.
The correct course of action taken immediately after a dog has been brought into the surgery having been involved in an accident or suffered from sudden sickness can save its life.
A vet may not be instantly available but prompt emergency first aid by staff can make all the difference.
Is the dog breathing?
Is its heart beating?
Is it bleeding?
Is its temperature normal?
Is it behaving abnormally
Would your staff know how to administer first aid, including CPR on a dog?
Can they treat a badly cut and bleeding paw?
We have complied this Dog First Aid training course suitable for dog owners, professionals, dog walkers, and carers.
Our dog first aid courses are fun, practical, low cost. and certificated upon completion.
For only £40.00 per person, ( £25.00 to Vet staff ) the course comprises:
Key objectives of first aid:
1. To preserve a pet’s life.
2. To alleviate pets suffering.
3. To promote pet recovery.
4. To prevent aggravation of the injury or illness until you can get to the vet.
- The importance of a vet
- Managing a pet’s first aid emergency
- First Aid in Road Traffic Collisions
- Cat and Dogs way of showing pain
- Checking your dog’s general health
- Knowing your pet’s vital signs
You will learn how to render first aid to your cat and dog:
- Not breathing
- Give artificial respiration
- No Heartbeat
- Spinal injury and moving an injured pet
- Burns (Heat and Chemical)
- Controlling Bleeding
- Dressings and Bandages
- Paw Problems and Injuries
- Bites, and Stings
- Eye Injury
Our dog first aid courses are not boring ‘chalk and talk’ sessions, they are fun, hands-on, you will learn essential things such as bandaging an ear and tail ..it may sound easy!
Dealing with severe bleeding and nasty broken bones.
Deep puncture wounds.
- The course is approximately four hours with a half hour break and costs £40 per person. …£25.00 for vet staff.
Payments are non-returnable unless the course is cancelled by us, then you will receive not only a 100% refund of the money you have paid, we will also give you a further 25% discount off an alternative date.
If you have any specific questions, please use the form below or call us on 01727 825 999