Yoga Pilates Instructors First Aid Courses
In Accordance With BWY (British Wheel of Yoga) Requirements
Many people embark upon yoga to help heal pre-existing injuries, and to prevent everyday life activities making them worse.
We Come To You in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire
Yet the biggest risk factors in yoga that can cause participants to get hurt are not those pre-existing injuries, but the students themselves. Yes, those that often risk injury by reaching full extensions in poses, or asanas, when their own bodies are not ready for reaches to that extent.
Yoga teachers can also add to the high-risk factors, not all yoga teachers but those who lack adequate training. There are a couple of reasons that where actions lead to injury, one may be where the teacher is instructing a class that is far too large for close supervision.
The other is where the yoga teacher introduces an attitude of competition, or assisting the student to exceed their own ability and flexibility.
That being said, with the best will in the world and the very nature of yoga and pilates, no instructor, no matter how careful and observant, can see what every student is doing and indeed prevent them from injury.
1stAiders deliver Yoga and Pilates instructors first aid courses in accordance with BWY (British Wheel of Yoga) requirements and we come to you in Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire.
Whether it is one to one or with your colleagues, it can still be much cheaper than you taking time off, travel and expenses for us to come and deliver your yoga or pilates first aid course.
Ideal for those who cannot or do not wish to attend a classroom style course with many other candidates. This yoga pilates instructor first aid course provides an informal and relaxed atmosphere in your own setting.
The yoga pilates first aid instructor demonstrates each practical skill, using professional sterile medial anatomically correct manikins or training aids if necessary. The easy to follow demonstrations allows our learners to follow and practice under supervision and direction.
Tel: 033 333 92223
Who is This Yoga – Pilates Instructor First Aid Course For?
This Yoga – Pilates Instructor First Aid Course For all those who are responsible for running yoga and pilates classes no matter what size, or whether it is a commercial or community class.
What Can You Expect to Learn From This Yoga – Pilates First Aid Course?
Candidates of our Yoga Pilates First Aid Course can expect to learn the three columns that are embedded in all emergency first aid; the three ‘Ps’:
Prevent conditions worsening
1stAiders deliver Yoga and Pilates instructors first aid courses in accordance with BWY (British Wheel of Yoga) requirements as well as Emergency First Aid at Work syllabus as outlined by HSE – Health and Safety Executive.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to understand:
- the role of the first-aider
- the importance of preventing cross-infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions;
Candidates should be able to
- use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation and use an automated external defibrillator (AED);
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- Treat yoga/pilates related injuries such as sprains and strains as well as injury to bones.
COVID Safe Distancing First Aid Course
We do not want to get ill, nor do we want you to get ill, so we assess the risk and protect ourselves and protect you appropriately.
We keep a safe distance.
We ensure our training aids are sterile
We use appropriate PPE
WE do not accept more than five delegates at any one time.